The tourists can use 7 ski slopes, with a total length of 24 kilometres, on a surface of approximately 80 hectares. In Poiana Brasov, slopes of all difficulty levels are available: from low difficulty (used for children initiation) to high difficulty level slopes.
It is a difficult slope, with a total length of 2860 metres and a maximum level difference of 765 metres. Access to the slope is assured by:
• ‘The large cable-car’- from the ‘Kanzel’ slope one heads to the arrival station of the gondola and then to the left to the ‘Lupului’ slope.
• ‘The small cable-car’- same route as the one described above
• The gondola- direct entrance on the slope, on the left of the gondola.
One can also use the chairlift parting from the half of the ‘Drumul Roșu’ slope, or, if skiing is done only at the base of the slope, the ‘Lupului’ chairlift can be used.
This slope is dedicated to medium-skilled skiers, having a total length of 2500 metres and a maximum level difference of 650 metres. Access to the slope is assured by:
• ‘The large cable-car’ and ‘the small cable-car’- for access on the higher side of the slope, parting from the ‘Kanzel’ slope.
• The gondola- one heads to the ‘Drumul Roșu’ slope and goes on the ‘Sulinar’ slope in the lake area.
From the ‘Sulinar’ slope, one can go back to ‘Drumul Roșu’ and can get to the base of the ‘Bradul’ slope, using the new connection made available since the extension that took place in 2010.
It is the longest ski slope in Romania, with an approximate length of 5600 metres and a maximum level difference of 650 metres. The slope has a low difficulty level and it has direct connections with almost all the other slopes in Poiana Brașov. Access to the slope is assured by:
• ‘The large cable-car’ and ‘the small cable-car’- from the ‘Kanzel’ slope, access is done to ‘Drumul Roșu’ slope in the cable-car station area
• The gondola- assuring direct access to the slope.
The ‘Ruia’ slope is one with a high difficulty level, dedicated to experienced skiers. Access to the slope is done directly from the gondola station or from the ‘Kanzel’ slope if ‘the large cable-car’ or ‘the small cable-car’ is used.
‘Ruia’ has a total length of 1035 metres and a maximum level difference of 650 metres.
It has a total length of 450 metres and it has ‘the large cable-car’ as a departure point, being the connection slope between the cable-car station and the other slopes of the resort.
It is the most popular ski slope among beginners and the only one which is equipped with a nocturnal installation. It also has a ski-lift and it is often very crowded. Starting with the 2013-2014 winter season, the slope administrators want to design a special kids zone, equipped with a travelator.
The slope has a total length of 465 metres and a maximum difference level of 80 metres.
It is the slope with the lowest difficulty level in Poiana Brașov , dedicated to children and first-time skiers or snowboarders. It is the ideal place to learn the basic moves and to practise ski-lift use. It has a total length of only 325 metres and a level difference of 30 metres.